Thursday, June 16, 2011

Almost Instant Oatmeal

It's the same price to buy an 8 ( or 10, I forget how many) box of instant oatmeal packets as it is to buy an entire bag of quick oats, which is $3.99 where we live. They don't even make the only flavor I like anymore, cinnamon sugar, in it's own package. You have to buy the multi-flavor box which contains 2 of the cinnamon packets and the rest are all gross flavors. So I took matters into my own hands after seeing this post on Halfassedkitchen.

You can make this up each morning or you make up a bunch of baggies to take with you to school or the office. All you need is half a cup of quick oats and whatever you want to add. You can also make hot granola cereal the same way.

So easy:

  • 1/2 cup quick oats (or granola)
  • Whatever add ins you like (I'm using 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar)
  • 1 cup water

Cover and microwave for 2 minutes. Sometimes this happens so I put a plate underneath but this time it didn't stand a chance. I just scraped it up and put it back in the bowl.




Now let it sit for a minute so the rest of the water can soak up and then you can add a splash of milk and it's ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment