Sunday, September 11, 2011

30DC2 - Day 11

Today was our appointment to take in a bunch of Alice's old clothes for consignment, we had 2 big bags of stuff and thankfully they took almost everything. Alice got to play with the owner's baby while she sorted through everything, we don't know anybody with kids so it was pretty exciting for her to get to play with him. It was pretty damn cute.

We didn't have any lunch stuff around and didn't really have time to throw something together before going out so we stopped at a pizza place for a poutine for me and a donair for Jon. He's excited because he figured out that it's the exact same thing as a shwarma and he frigging loves those things. He would eat one every day if he could.

We needed to pick up a few groceries while we were out, spending another $18.28 on:

  • 4 bags of pasta @$0.99 each
  • bag of almond granola $3.79
  • 2 1/2ish pounds russet potatoes $1.74
  • bag of coconut $1.59
  • bag of frozen edamame $1.99
  • package of hot chili peppers $1.69
  • can of black beans $1.29
  • 1 3/4ish pounds of nectarines $2.23
We're going to have the edamame for lunch tomorrow and Jon has requested another batch of coconut macaroons of failure .

We got started on the cleaning after we got home. Alice had soup for dinner last night and she smeared it all over the high chair so I gave it a bath in the tub this morning so that she could have breakfast in it. It made a big mess of the tub so I ended up just cleaning the whole bathroom just to get it over with. I folded and put away the laundry that I washed yesterday and Jon did the dishes from yesterday. I did dishes again while Jon gave Alice a bath after dinner.

For dinner we had cheesey Mexican rice, we have 1 block of cheese left now and still a couple of dishes to go that need cheese coming up. We watched the last episode of the new Torchwood series, I liked it but Jon didn't.

We still didn't get around to vacuuming and mopping and our floor looks pretty terrible. We'll have to do that first thing tomorrow, there's bits of dried food everywhere since Alice's new favorite thing is throwing food when she starts to get full/bored. She likes to snack on the stuff later in the day and it grosses me out pretty bad. Most of the time I don't even know what she's eating.

I got some wet mop cloths from the dollar store for $1.25 for a 10 pack compared to the $7.99 for a 12 pack for Swiffer wet cloths. Hopefully they smell good and do a decent job. I was going to wait until I had a $2 off coupon again and get the Swiffer ones but this is way cheaper!

I'm going to take a trip to Value Village to drop off the stuff they didn't take at the consignment shop as well as a couple things of mine that I decided to part with the other day when I decluttered my clothing a bit more.

The coat and shoe closet is stuffed pretty full right now so I would like to tackle that tomorrow too if I find time.

No comments:

Post a Comment