Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies

This is a recipe I've been meaning to get around to making for quite a while. Like most recipes it's one that I found online and modified to fit ingredients that I have around or to exclude things I don't like. I rarely ever do chocolate things because I honestly didn't bother picking up cocoa powder until today and chocolate chips are pretty expensive.

Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup peanut butter (I used chunky)
  • 1 cup melted butter or margarine
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • chocolate chips (as much as you like, I only had about a half cup left)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups flour 
Directions:
Start by preheating the oven to 375.

Mix the sugar with the melted butter and vanilla, then beat in the peanut butter and then the eggs. You might have to scrape the bowl to get all of the peanut butter into the batter. Now mix in your chocolate. If you want to add some chopped up peanuts now is the time to do that!

Now mix in the salt and flour until just combined. I had to stop when it was half mixed to scrape the sides of the mixer again. The batter is thick!

Lightly grease whatever pan you are going to use, I'm using an 8 inch springform pan because I like to cut my brownies like slices of pizza. It makes them taste better! I swear, it really does! Dump the batter into the pan and spread it out with the spatula or your hands if you don't have a spatula.

Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Turn halfway through if your oven is like mine and is hotter towards the back.

These were pretty good, mine could have used more chocolate chips because it was more peanut buttery than chocolatey. One thing I discovered, filling a brownie with peanut butter makes them REALLY heavy.





No comments:

Post a Comment