Saturday, June 11, 2011

Oatmeal Cookies all week

This is my go to oatmeal cookie recipe, you can add anything you like to it and it's quick and easy.  Sometimes I like it with chocolate chips, sometimes with walnuts and dried cranberries, and sometimes just oatmeal.

Today I'm making it with cinnamon, dried cranberries and walnuts.




  • 1 cup soft unsalted butter, margarine or vegetable shortening
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups quick oats

Mix the butter and sugars until well combined, I used margarine this time and I had to melt it because I forgot to take it out of the fridge to soften up.  Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Add the flour, salt and baking soda and combine. Then mix in the oats and anything else you want to put in there. ( I didn't have any vanilla so I used a splash of vanilla soy milk)




Scoop up by heaping teaspoons and drop onto a cookie pan. Bake at 325 for 12-15 minutes. Bake as many as you want and store the rest in the fridge. Just scoop and bake whenever you feel like it.



Suggested additions:

  • chocolate chips
  • raisins
  • dried cranberries
  • walnuts
  • pecans
  • flax seed
  • almonds
  • granola
  • candied ginger
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • orange zest
  • cocoa powder
  • dates
  • dried and diced apricots

    No comments:

    Post a Comment